Satanism in Pokemon

« Older   Newer »

1. holy-one

User deleted

Satanism in Pokémon

What do you know about Pokemon?

What motivated us to do this booklet in newsletter form was an inquiry from a grandmother on Internet. She wrote: Dear George and Rita, Thank you so much for your interesting "Cephas news" I have a question. What do you know about Pokemon?

My little grandson is only 3 and a half, but is already obsessed
    with Pokémon, and his Mum, my daughter Deborah, {who is not saved as yet,} buys him whatever he asks for.

He has all the cards, counters, {Like toy money}, and all the little plastic figures. The last time they visited us, he had his pokemon cards, coins, and figures with him, and he was DREADFUL!!

He was rude, cheeky, wouldnt eat any lunch, tried to run away several times, bit his big sister hard on the arm and made her cry.

He also likes power rangers, batman, Karate, {he knows already how to Kick-box!} and swords, he has the light up Jedi sword. All his seven goldfish have Pokemon names! What can you tell me about Pokemon? We have a number of articles about Pokemon and Harry Potter to which people without a computer have no access. Feel free to make copies of this and hand it to mothers and fathers.

Pokémon - Introduction

by Berit Kjos. Kjos
    Ministries www.crossroad.to/

Who are the strange little creatures from Japan that have suddenly become global super-stars? Most kids know the answer well: They are called Pokemon (short for POCKEt MONster and pronounced Pokeymon), and they have stirred up some mixed reactions.

"We just sent a letter home today saying Pokemon cards are no longer allowed on campus," said Paula Williams, a second-grade teacher in Danville, California. "The kids know they're supposed to be put away when they come in from recess, but they're often in the middle of a trade, so they don't come in on time. In the more extreme cases, the older kids are getting little kids to trade away valuable cards... It drives a teacher crazy."

It concerns parents even more. "Recently, my children were given a set of Pokemon cards," said DiAnna Brannan, a Seattle mom. "They are very popular with the children at our church and elsewhere. I was instantly suspicious but couldn't discern the problem. We have since been told that they are stepping stones to the 'Magic cards' that have been popular for the last few years, which we do not allow."

She is right. For instance, any child exploring the most popular Pokemon websites " 2 will be linked to a selection of occult games such as Sailor Moon, Star Wars, and others more overtly evil. A click on the ad for "Magic: the Gathering" brings Pokemon fans to a site offering promotions such as this:

"A global games phenomenon, Magic: The Gathering is to the 1990s what Dungeons and Dragons was to the 1980s, but with the added dimension of collectibility. Here is the official reference to the biggest new teen/young adult fantasy game of the decade, complete with full-color reproductions of every existing Magic card.

The Pokémon Message

The above websites gives us glimpse of the mysterious little creatures called Pokemon. Ponder the suggestions in this greeting: "Welcome to the world of Pokemon, a special place where people just like you train to become the number-one Pokemon Master in the World!"

"But what is a Pokemon, you ask. 'Pokemon are incredible creatures that share the world with humans,' says Professor Oak, the leading authority on these monsters. "There are currently 150 documented species of Pokemon... Each Pokemon has its own special fighting abilities... Some grow, or evolve, into even more powerful creatures... Carry your pokémon with you, and you're ready for anything! You've got the power in your hands, so use it!". "

What if children try to follow this advice? What if they carry their favorite monsters like magical charms or fetishes in their pockets, trusting them to bring power in times of need?

Many do. It makes sense to those who watch the television show. In a recent episode, Ash, the boy hero, had just captured his fifth little Pokemon. But that wasn't good enough, said his mentor. He must catch lots more if he wants to be a Pokemon master. And the more he catches and trains, the more power he will have for future battles.

So Ash sets out again in search for more of the reclusive, power-filled, little Pokemon. His first step is to find the "psychic Pokemon" called Kadabra and snatch it from its telepathic, pink-eyed trainer, Sabrina. With the ghost Haunter on his side, it should be a cinch!

But Ash had underestimated the power of his opponent. When he and Sabrina meet for the battle, both hurl their chosen Pokemon into the air, but only Kadabra evolves into a super-monster with a magic flash. Haunter hides. "Looks like your ghost Pokemon got spooked," taunts Sabrina.

Obviously, Ash didn't understand the supernatural powers he had confronted. Neither do most young Pokeman fans today. Unless they know God and His warnings, they cannot understand the forces that have captivated children around the world. And if parents underestimate the psychological strategies behind its seductive mass marketing ploys, they are likely to dismiss the Pokemon craze as harmless fun and innocent fantasy. In reality, the problem is far more complex.

Marketing: a new lifestyle

The Pokemon mania supports a financial conglomerate that knows how to feed the frenzy. The television series is free, but it drives the multi-billion dollar business. It also inspires the obsessive new games that disrupt schools and families by giving the children:
    * a seductive vision: to become Pokemon masters
    * a tempting promise: supernatural power
    * a new objective: keep collecting Pokemon
    * an urgent command: "gotta catch them all"

These enticements are drilled into young minds through clever ads, snappy slogans, and the "Pokeman rap" at the end of each TV episode:

"I will travel across the land
    Searching far and wide
    Each Pokeman to understand
    The power that's inside.
    Gotta catch them all!"

The last line, the Pokemon mantra, fuels the craving for more occult cards, games, toys, gadgets, and comic books. There's no end to the supply, for where the Pokemon world ends, there beckons an ever-growing empire of new, more thrilling, occult, and violent products. Each can transport the child into a fantasy world that eventually seems far more normal and exciting than the real world. Here, evil looks good and good is dismissed as boring. Family, relationships, and responsibilities diminish in the wake of the social and media pressures to master the powers unleashed by the massive global entertainment industry.

No wonder children caught up in the Pokemon craze beg for more games and gadgets. The Japanese makers count on it. Since the means often justify the economic ends in the entertainment industry, the Pokemon website is full of tips, explanations, and ads that encourage the urge to splurge - and to express the darker side of human nature. Ponder their influence:

"You can catch a Mew by cheating with a Gameshark."

Ahhh. The Gameshark... Cheating is not honorable. But many of you have requested and sent me this information, so I have put it up for all you cheaters."

"The Moon Stone evolves certain Pokemon, such as Clefairy."

"Select your desired attack. Hold down the button until your opponent's life stops draining."

"Once you have captured Zapados, you can use it to quickly lower the health level of Articuno..."

"Super Smash Brothers... This unique fighting game features all of Nintendo's biggest stars in a bruising brawl-fest..."

While children delight in these mysterious realms, concerned parents worry and wonder. What kinds of beliefs and values does the Pokemon world and its links teach? Why the emphasis on volution, supernatural power, and poisoning your opponent?

Changing bliefs and values

Barbara Whitehorse started seeking answers after her son asked a typical question: "Mom, can I get Pokemon cards? A lot of my friends from church have them." Much as she wanted Matthew to have fun with his friends, she gave a loving refusal. Matthew's tutor had already warned her that the Pokemon craze could stir interest in other kinds of occult role-playing games such as Dungeons and Dragons. At the time, she wondered if the tutor had just over-reacted to some harmless entertainment. After all, the cute little Pokemon creatures looked nothing like the dark demonic creatures of D&D. But when she learned that a local Christian school had banned them because of their link to the occult, she changed her mind.

Later, during a recent party for Matthew, Barbara heard two of the boys discussing their little pocket monsters. One said, "I'll just use my psychic powers." Already, the world of fantasy had colored his real world. So when some of the kids wanted to watch the afternoon Pokemon cartoon on television, Barb again had to say "no." It's not easy to be parents these days.

Cecile DiNozzi would agree. Back in 1995, her son's elementary school had found a new, exciting way to teach math. The Pound Ridge Elementary school was using Magic: the Gathering, the ole-playing game called which, like Dungeons and Dragons, has built a cult following among people of all ages across the country.

Mrs. DiNozzi refused to let her son participate in the "Magic club." But a classmate gave him one of the magic cards, which he showed his mother. It was called "Soul exchange" and pictured spirits rising from graves. Like all the other cards in this ghastly game, it offered a morbid instruction: "Sacrifice a white creature."

"What does 'summon' mean?" he asked his mother after school one day.

"Summon? Why do you ask?"

He told her that during recess on the playground the children would "summon" the forces on the cards they collect by raising sticks into the air and saying, "'Spirits enter me.' They call it 'being possessed.'"

Strange as it may sound to American ears, demonic possession is no longer confined to distant lands. Today, government schools from coast to coast are teaching students the skills once reserved for the tribal witchdoctor or shaman in distant lands. Children everywhere are learning the pagan formulas for invoking "angelic" or demonic spirits through multicultural education, popular books, movies, and television. It's not surprising that deadly explosions of untamed violence suddenly erupt from "normal" teens across our land.

Occult role-playing games teach the same dangerous lessons. They also add a sense of personal power and authority through personal identification with godlike superheroes. Though the demonic realm hasn't changed, today's technology, media, and multicultural climate makes it easier to access, and harder than ever to resist its appeal.

Role-plat and psychological addiction

The televised Pokemon show brings suggestions and images that set the stage for the next steps of entanglement. It beckons the young spectator to enter the manipulative realm of role-play, where fantasy simulates reality, and the buyer becomes a slave to their programmer.

Remember, in the realm of popular role-playing games - whether it's Pokemon, Magic the Gathering, or other selections -- the child becomes the master. As in contemporary witchcraft, he or she wields the power. Their arm, mind, or power-symbol (the pokemon or other action figure) become the channel for the spiritual forces. Children from Christian homes may have learned to say, "Thy will be done," but in the role-playing world, this prayer is twisted into "My will be done!" God, parents, and pastors no longer fit into the picture fantasized by the child.

Psychologists have warned that role-playing can cause the participant to actually experience, emotionally, the role being played. Again, "the child becomes the master." Or so it seems to the player.

Programmer who writes the rules is the master. And when the game includes occultism and violence, the child-hero is trained to use "his" or "her" spiritual power to kill, poison, evolve, and destroy -- over and over. Not only does this repetitive practice blur the line between reality and fantasy, it also sears the conscience and causes the player to devalue life. The child learns to accept unthinkable behavior as "normal".

To be a winner within this system, the committed player must know and follow the rules of the game. Obedience becomes a reflex, strengthened by instant rewards or positive reinforcement. The rules and rewards force the child to develop new habits and patterned responses to certain stimuli. Day after day, this powerful psychological process manipulates the child's thoughts, feelings, and actions, until his or her personality changes and, as many parents confirm, interest in ordinary family life begins to wither away.

You may have recognized those preceding terms as those often used by behavioral psychologists. They point to a sophisticated system of operant conditioning or behavior modification. The child must exercise his own intelligent mind to learn the complex rules. But after learning the rules, the programmed stimuli produce conditioned responses in the player. These responses become increasingly automatic, a reflex action. Naturally, this can leads to psychological addiction, a craving for ever greater (and more expensive) thrills and darker forces.

What can parents do?

It's hard to teach restraint to children who are begging for gratification. Wanting to please rather than overreact, we flinch at the thought of being called censors once again. Parental authority simply doesn't fit the fast-spreading new views of social equality taught through the media and schools. Yet, we must obey God. He has told us to train our children to choose His way (Proverbs 22:6), and we can't turn back now.

If you share my concerns, you may want to follow these suggestions. They will help you equip your child with the awareness needed to resist occult entertainment:

1. First, look at God's view of contemporary toys, games and cartoons. As a family, read Scriptures such as Ephesians 5:8-16, 6:10-18 (the armor of God); Philippians 4:8-9; and Colossians 2:9. Compare them with the values encouraged by Pokemon and other role-playing games.

2. Share your observations. Spark awareness in a young child with comments such as, "That monster looks mean!" or "That creature reminds me of a dragon," along with "Did you know that in the Bible, serpents and dragons always represent Satan and evil?"

3. To teach young children a Biblical attitude toward evil before they learn to delight in gross, ugly characters, make comments such as, "Who would want to play with that evil monster? I don't even like to look at him. Let's find something that makes us feel happy inside."

4. Model wise decision-making. Tell your child why you wouldn't want to buy certain things for yourself.

When your child wants a questionable game or toy, ask questions that are prayerfully adapted to your child's age, such as:

1. What does this game teach you (about power, about magic, about God, about yourself)? Discuss both obvious and subtle messages.

2. Does it have anything to do with supernatural power? If so, what is the source of that power? Does it oppose or agree with God's Word?

3. What does it teach about violence or immorality and their consequences?

4. Does the game or toy have symbols or characteristics that link it to New Age or occult powers?

5. Does it build godly character?

In a nation consumed with self-indulgence, self-fulfillment, and elf-empowerment, godly self-denial seems strangely out of place. But God commanded it, and Jesus demonstrated it. Dare we refuse to cknowledge it? According to the age of your child, discuss Jesus' words n Matthew 16:24-26, then allow the Holy Spirit to direct your application.

Far more than earthly parents, God wants His children to be content and full of joy. But He knows better than to give us all the things we want. Instead, He gave us His word as a standard for what brings genuine peace and happiness. The apostle Paul ummarized it well:

"Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." (Philippians 4:8)

After hearing God's warning and praying for His wisdom, nine-year-old Alan Brannan decided to throw away all his Pokemon cards. "My friend did the same," said his mother. "Her twelve year old son had been having nightmares. But after a discussion with his parents about the game and its symbols, he was convicted to burn his cards and return his Gameboy game. That night slept well for the first time in a month."

"It seemed to us that these cards had some sort of power," continued DiAnna Brannan. "Another nine-year-boy had stolen money from his mother's purse ($7.00) to buy more cards. When questioned, he confessed and said he had heard the devil urging him to do it. The family quickly gathered in prayer, then saw God's answer. Both the boy and his little sister burned their cards, warned their friends, and discovered the joy and freedom that only comes from following their Shepherd.

Pokémon - Another Introduction

My son called me on the phone recently and asked, "Dad, do you know anything about the kids' collector card game Pok_mon?" The reason he asked was because my oldest grandson, who is 7 years old, came home with several of the cards he got from a friend at church. He showed them to his dad and said his friends thought "they were really cool." After looking at the few cards, his dad had a different opinion. Though he could not put his finger on exactly what the problem was by looking at those few cards, he definitely had an uneasy feeling about them. While he neither saw nor read anything overtly evil on the cards, there were a couple of hints on them that made him suspicious. He decided not to allow his son to get involved with Pokemon until he looked into it further. This proved to be a wise decision. Here's what I discovered.

The History of Pok_mon

The name Pok_mon is derived from pocket monster. Pok_mon has entertained Japanese youth since 1995. While it is rare for a Japanese cultural phenomena to be duplicated in the Western world, Pok_mon has proved to be the exception. Pok_mon has moved into the United States "BIG TIME" and captured the minds of elementary aged children all over this country. Pok_mon is everywhere Nintendo video games, cartoon shows on television, a movie, comic books, toys, clothing, VHS videos, DVD's, and the wildly popular collector card game. The Pok_mon "virus" has infected virtually every media outlet imaginable, and by plan, the "virus" has become an epidemic among elementary aged children causing them to crave and beg for more Pok_mon paraphernalia. Countless elementary aged children are obsessed with Pok_mon.

Measuring Pok_mon By The Bible

Without apology, I acknowledge that I am writing this pamphlet from a biblical perspective. And, I believe there is a battle going on for the minds of our children and grandchildren. In fact, Satan and his diabolical hordes want to corrupt the minds of children and adults as well! One of the problems is that Satan is getting the upper hand because Christians are oblivious to the tactics the adversary is using to pollute the minds of men, women, boys and girls. While many Christian adults would catch blatant demonic doctrines, the truth is, Satan seldom mounts a direct assault. Rather, he, through his human helpers, uses subtle, clandestine and deceptive methods to advance his evil doctrines. So, how can we detect these deceptive methods and evil doctrines? How can we protect our children and our-selves? The Bible says, "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." 1 Thessalonians 5:21. The Bible says, "Whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God" 1 Corinthians 10:31. The Bible says, "Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good." Romans 12:9. Therefore, we must measure Pok_mon paraphernalia by the principles of the Bible to determine if it is acceptable. Let's do that.

What values, beliefs, and philosophies do the game promote?

One of the first things I did was to find out who produced the trading card game. Here is an exact quote right from the Web page of the producer - "The Pok_mon Trading Card Game is a new collectable Card Game that is made and distributed by Wizards of the Coast. The same company that made the best selling game ... Magic: The Gathering." Magic: The Gathering is a heavily occult laced trading card game very popular in the 1990's. I have a research report titled Beware of Magic: The Gathering that can be viewed on the Logos Web page at: www.execpc.com/logos/magic-g.html

Oh yes, I should mention that Wizards of the Coast also owns TSR, the producers of all the Dungeons & Dragons materials. When I discovered who owned the American Pok_mon Trading Card Game rights, I knew the game was not just an innocent card game for elementary school children.

Next, I looked into the characters in the Pok_mon video games, comics, cartoons, movies, etc. What kind of values do they have? Ash Ketchum (a boy) is one of the main characters. He is described as "an energetic and determined 10-year-old little too competitive." He is obsessed with catching all Pok_mon and driven "to become the world's foremost Pok_mon Master." Oh yes, you can be sure that the Pok_mon Rap song and mantra will be included in the materials --

"I will travel across the land
    Searching far and wide
    Each Pok_mon to understand
    The power that's inside.
    Gotta catch them all!"

The last line of the Pok_mon mantra, "Gotta catch them all!" is used over and over again in Pok_mon paraphernalia because it fuels the craving for more cards, games, toys, gadgets, and comic books.

Let's look at another character, Ash's companion Misty. She is described as "headstrong and stubborn constantly quibbling with Ash and seems to harbor deeper feelings for Ash." Then there is the third member of the trio, Brock who is "by far the most hormonal. Brock's fascination with the opposite sex many times gets him or the group into trouble, although he's yet to have anything resembling a score." Let's take a look at Pok_mon trainer Gary. He is "a real jerk self-centered, vindictive and obnoxious. Then there are Jessie & James. Here is how they are described -- "Prepare for trouble, make it double.... Jessie, James are a mysterious and evil gang looking to steal rare Pok_mon. Jessie and James are stuck up, fashion conscious, and prone to cross-dressing."

Headstrong, stubborn, quibbling, self-centered, vindictive, obnoxious, hormonal, sexually preoccupied, evil, thieving, cross-dressing jerks are most definitely not biblical role models! These characters do not portray biblical values. Pok_mon does not measure up!

Are supernatural powers portrayed, and if so, what is the source or origin of those powers? Are occult, New Age characteristics or symbols included?

Pok_mon has supernatural powers. "Some Pok_mon grow, or evolve." This is facilitated by the "Energy cards". that "make your Pok_mon bigger and more powerful." And what is the source of this power? It is the pantheistic power of the occult, not the supernatural power of God. I have found two cards that make this very clear (there are likely more). They are Abra and Kadabra. Yes, these are their actual names. "Abrakadabra" (or abracadabra) has been a word long associated with occult magic. Webster's dictionary defines it this way - 1) a word supposed to have magic powers and hence used in incantations, on amulets, etc. 2) a magic spell or formula. It is no accident that the two Pok_mon called Abra and Kadabra are psychic cards with magical powers.

On the Abra card we read "Using its ability to read minds, it will identify impending danger and teleport to safety." Then there are the occult symbols on Kadabra. He has a pentagram on his forehead, SSS on his chest and he is giving the Satanic salute with his left hand. All of the above have strong occult significance. It is clear from the Bible (Deuteronomy 18:10-12) that we are neither to participate in nor associate with activities related to the occult.

Some of the readers will no doubt protest, "it's only a game!" To be sure it is a game, but a game that does not glorify God! When God says something is wrong, it is wrong regardless of what form it is in. Not only that, but many of the kids who play this game are seduced into believing the principles that the game subtly teaches. Here is but one example. In the booklet that comes with Pok_mon, note what is stated -- "Welcome to the world of Pok_mon, a special place where people just like you train to become the number-one Pok_mon Master in the World! But what is a Pok_mon, you ask. ' Pok_mon are incredible creatures that share the world with humans,' says Professor Oak, the leading authority on these monsters. There are currently 150 documented pecies of Pok_mon... Each Pok_mon has its own special fighting abilities. . . . Some grow, or evolve, into even more powerful creatures.. . . Carry your pokemon with you, and you're ready for anything! You've got the power in your hands, so use it!"

Listen, kids are carrying around their Pok_mon like a magic talisman. Author and researcher Berit Kjos tells of a mom who overheard two boys discussing their little pocket monsters. As the conversation developed one boy said, "I'll just use my psychic powers." It was clear that the so called fantasy world of Pok_mon had already conditioned this boys thinking to be receptive to a key occult doctrine - psychic powers!

Pok_mon promotes occult values, not biblical values and therefore should be rejected!

Where are the player's thoughts and imagination being directed?

I pointed out earlier that Pok_mon originated in Japan. What I did not draw to your attention was that a Pok_mon Master is a spin off of a martial arts master in Japan. Pok_mon Masters are the leaders of fighting schools or battling gangs that solve their problems by beating their opponents. And how do they do this? Their little booklet says, "Some attacks cause the Defending Pok_mon to be Asleep, Confused, Paralyzed, or Poisoned."

The Bible warns us to be cautious about what we occupy our minds with (Proverbs 4:23). The games a child plays, the television programs he watches, and the things that he listens to have a powerful mind shaping influence over that child. Mental health professionals are finally coming to understand what the Bible has said all along -- the things you let into you mind shape your thinking and your thinking directs your actions. This truth was acted out at the Columbine High school slaughter. The shooters had saturated their minds with violent video games, Gothic death music, and violent reading material. The result was on April 20, 1999, twelve students and one teacher were murdered.

Could Pok_mon influence the children who play it? I pray that it does not happen, but I wonder how long it will be before a grade school child, tries to do what is written on the Weepingbell - Razor Leaf Pok_mon card. It says, "It spits out poisonpowder to immobilize the enemy, and then finishes the enemy with a spray of acid." Does this line up with what the Bible has to say about how to handle our enemies in Romans 12:14-22? I Think not! It is clear that Pok_mon leads the player's imagination down the wrong path. The Bible says that we are to abhor that which is evil, and cleave to that which is good (Romans 12:9). Poisoning, paralyzing, etc. your enemies is clearly evil and no one should occupy their minds with such thoughts, game or no game. Our every thought is to be screened to be sure Christ approves of it (2 Corinthians 10:4-5). If it does not line up, it is to be rejected.

So, what's the problem with Pok_mon? Its subtle suggestions, images and values are manipulating the minds and feelings of the children who are into it. Pok_mon conditions them to accept humanistic wisdom and occult spirituality. Heavy involvement in Pok_mon blurs the player's ability to distinguish between fantasy and reality and sears the conscience of the player as well. Pok_mon is designed to be a stepping stone to harder occult oriented games like Magic:The Gathering and Dungeons and Dragons.

God wants his children to have a completely different focus. We are even told where our thoughts should be directed in Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

"Let us all pray for God to save the children and protect their minds and hearts from the evil one. Nothing angers me more than children being led astray and being abused," writes Linda. Blessings in Jesus' name.

Pokemon - Just another ‘fad’? Read on! A Christian perspective…

By Brett Peterson How close can we get to the occult and still call it 'good social interaction & imagination stretching fun for kids; Pokemon is a role-playing game like Dungeons and Dragons, MAGIC (another card game like Pokemon), and many other 'games' and cartoons that have occultic overtones. Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will ot depart from it."

Pokemon is a copyright of Nintendo Japan. It was first created in Japan and is highly influenced by Japanese mysticism. It is very popular there now, and has been since 1996. In 1997 - 685 people went into epiliptic seizures while watching the Pokemon cartoon. Pokemon is short for ‘Pocket Monsters’.

By 300 AD, the sun-worshipping Yamato kingdom had loosely unified the nation through conquest and alliance. Buddhism was introduced from China in the mid-6th century and soon became the state religion. Rivalry between Buddhism and Shinto, the traditional religion of Japan, was diffused by presenting Shinto deities as manifestations of Buddha. They seem to embrace all mystical religions and warrior religions.

We finally have a researched answer to the influences behind ‘Pokemon’ and the religions and philosophies that are taught within the game. Pokemon is the result of influences that are completely mystical. These are just to name a few:

Buddhist Mysticism, Hinduism, meditation rituals, Egyptian Book of the Dead, Book of Tao, the Analects of Confucius, the Gita, the I Ching, The Tibetan Book of the Dead: All These hilosophies influenced Pokemon!

C.G. Jung summarizes all these philosophies in his theory of ‘collective unconsciousness’, & he assures his followers of the congeniality with occultic energy sciences and the evolutionary sciences with the occultic practices and tapping into the water energy, fire energy, leaf energy, and wind energy you can achieve spiritual enlightenment and success – all of which are incorporated in Pokemon.

Jung draws upon Oriental conceptions of consciousness to broaden the concept of "projection": Not only the "wrathful" demons/monster (pocket monsters) but also the "peaceful" deities/spirits (pika-chu’s) are conceived as animal projections of the human psyche – the fundamental religious teaching and game play in Pokemon!

The Bible says: EPH 5:8-17 "For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said: "Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you." Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is."

Color energy Cards

In the Tibetan tradition life is a sort of ‘game’, and they state that each of the levels of game-existence is associated with a particular color and also certain geographical symbols. Note the energy cards in Pokemon have colors and elements that also refer powers and positions.

In Tibetan teaching, each person (trainer of projections) has to learn to decode his own internal road map. The Tibetan indicators may be used as a starting point. The purpose is clear: one should follow the signs of the three higher types and shun those of the three lower. One should follow light and pleasant visions and shun dark and dreary ones. Look at the Pokemon cards – both are represented and role-played by our children.

Recently I observed a group of children who were role-playing Pokemon. They were making evil faces and chanting their Pokemon character names over and over! One three year old was chasing another boy almost trance like in expression saying in a deep raspy voice, ‘bulbasore attack, bulbasore, bulbasore.’ They are meditating and projecting their spirits just like practitioners of the occult!

Pokemon monsters in the game and the cartoon can only say their name, so when they talk they are really chanting their name – the children, I have observed, do the same thing while they are playing. They are actually opening their selves up to personality modification – an occult practice!

This is what is taught in Tibetan practice: "Use your foresight to choose a good post-session robot. Do not be attracted to your old ego. Whether you choose to pursue power, or status, or wisdom, or learning, or servitude, or whatever, choose impartially, without being attracted or repelled. Enter into game existence with good grace, voluntarily and freely. Have faith in the protection of the deities and choose." (Revised Tibetan Book of the Dead)

Why would Satan influence a game like Pokemon? It opens up players to the demonic realm, channeling (a power some of the pokemon characters have), and possession.

Luke 11:24-26 "24 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.

25 And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished. 26 Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first."

In Japan, Shinto is one of the oldest belief systems and was developed out of worshiping the earth, such as sun, water, rocks, trees and even sounds (jiggly puff, a cute Pokemon sings a song and the sounds puts all who hear her into a trance – this is a common type of teaching in Shinto and is very evident in Pokemon)!

Shinto teaches that all such natural features were felt to have a god behind their power. Many Shinto beliefs were incorporated into Japanese Buddhist practices after its introduction in the 6th century. Just as they believe in evolution and re-incarnation, these ideas are manifest in Pokemon.

These pictures are typical examples of the dark side of Pokemon. Haunter, an evolved spirit can hypnotize and has ‘dream eater’ power (powered by the purple Pokemon energy cards which is the psychic energy). This power lets him drain the energy from his opponents.

Some eastern and New age philosophies teach this principal and call spirits that can do this ‘energy vampires’. This is just the tip of the iceberg! The Pokemon game contains many typologies manifest in the cards that reflect the philosophies of Shinto with mystic Buddhism, in addition to many other beliefs. Kadabra, above on the right, evolved from Abra. Both have demonic powers.

Evolving – dying and being ‘reborn’ as an ‘evolved Pokemon’

Hebrews 9:27 "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:"

In Pokemon, the monsters actually die to their old self and evolve into the new, more powerful Pokemon. This is the teaching of eastern mystery religions and is spelled out in the Egyptian book of the Dead and other occult religions.

In one Pokemon episode, Bulbasore (a frog) did not want to evolve – some feel this means to just ‘grow up’ – but the idea is to go through a substantial change and it is even suggested that the Pokemon ‘looses’ its former self or in a way dies to his current psyche – a typical example of Pokemon and it’s occultic influence. Children are subtly being indoctrinated in the theory of evolution and mysticism in the Pokemon game.

What other influences are evident in Pokemon? It gets more unbelievable and shocking as you read on!

Wicca, Witchcraft, Paganism, Satanism, ‘New Age’, and other occultic influences in ‘Pokemon’.

Let's look at what these religions teach and a short history. Remember – Pokemon’s energy is derived from earth, water, fire, lightening, etc. – and the ‘pocket monsters’ are part of a universal whole.

First – do you really believe there is power in the occultic? Let’s see what the Bible says about all this:

2 Chronicles 33:6 "And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: also he observed times, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger." AV

These are real powers that have one intention – to keep you from knowing God and experiencing His plan and will for your life! Any game, cartoon, etc. that even hints at occultic practice is dangerous!

Wicca, or Witchcraft is a popular and fast growing religious practice all over the world today. Most Witches/Warlocks consider their practice something that is learned by experience – not by books. They go through many incredible rituals to become powerful in the ‘craft’. Pokemon trainers must go through a lot of training and ritual type actions to become ‘Master Trainers’, with the ability to controle the Pokemon and their powers.

Pagans use earthly powers and demonic spirits, shamans use animal spirits – their minds are set on the flesh – the Bible says the mind set on the flesh is death!

The Bible says (Galatians 5:16-23): "This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, evellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. " AV

Through the true power of the Holy Spirit, Jesus gives us these according to that same passage:v. 23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."

1 Cor. 10:19-22 "Do I mean then that a sacrifice offered to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything? No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons. You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons."

Are we trying to arouse the Lord's jealousy? Are we stronger than he?

In Pokemon, trainers summon one of their Pokemon to battle other monsters and they use them as guardians. In Wicca, guardians, known as Watchtowers, are called. These spirits (and sometimes animals) are called by them to protect them from ‘evil’ spirits while they open themselves up to these spirits during rituals – the circle, the pentegram, etc. all provide a ‘safe’ area to practice. (In Pokemon the monsters are held in a Pokeball until the trainer summons them).

In witchcraft these spirits are summoned and called to stay in the circle until needed to fight off bad spirits. These Guardians in Pagan practice are often the spirits with whom a person feels comfortable with and has developed some form of a relationship with (in Pokemon the trainers befriend their ‘pocket monsters’ and develop trusting and advice seeking relationships with them). Possible guardians might be one of the Ancestors, a "spirit guide," or other spiritual entity (including animal spirits and even real animal – like the typical witches black cat) with which the person is familiar with.  This is what occurs in Pokemon play –the pocket monsters are captured, trained, and summoned as needed.

Elements & Powers, geography, and demonic realms of power in Pokemon and astrology, New age cults, & Witchcraft Most Pagan and earth based religions and philosophies find power in the Four Elements - Earth, Water, Fire, and Wind. These are the energy cards in the Pokemon game

Look at this verse in the Bible: 1Tim 4:1 "The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron."

What are we allowing to come into our homes! The elements in Pokemon are foundational to many earth religions and mystic rituals. We draw our power from God, not the earth!

The Bible tells us: Galatians 4:3 "Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: Galatians " 4:9 "But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? "

Most all covens and eastern philosophies, and Pagan belief systems hold the elements as sources of power, as the Pokemon game does.

Again – the Bible says: 1 Timothy 1:4 "Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do." 1 Timothy 4:7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness." 2 Timothy 4:4 "And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."

This is what all religions are – nothing but mans attempt to reach God. Listen – finite man can not reach an infinite God! He had to reach down to us, and He did in Jesus Christ!

One last example of occultic practices and Pokemon.

What are our children really playing with - imagination and simple 'pocket monsters'?

In Paganism and the Occult there are sprit guides, messengers, and elementals or artificial elementals. They can be summoned to do things for the ‘trainer’ or ‘practitioner’. They can 1. Watch and tell the trainer what it sees, 2. Guard the trainer, 3. Fight with other spirits or elementals, 4. Carry out assignments given by the trainers.

Pagans can capture free elementals (much like Pokemon trainers capture pocket monsters) and build relationships with them for use (just like Pokemon trainers). Witches, Shamans, etc, recommend ony master practitioners do this because you are not masters of the elementals, just like Pokemon trainers are not masters of the Pocket monster – and they warn that they can be hard to get rid of and may require an exorcism to become free of a bad one.

‘artificial lementals’ – the name of the actual ‘pocket monsters’ our children are playing with!

Matt. 17:14-21 "And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying, Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water. And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him. Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me. And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour. Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out? And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting."

Please pray and do what the Lord instructs you to do – it is time to take a stand for God and protect our children from the influences of our enemy!  My son is six and we had a whole book of Pokemon cards – after praying about it he made the decision to get rid of his cards, because he could see they were evil!

Listen Christians – we are in a battle! The enemy is subtle and is trying to influence our children’s minds. Pokemon teaches all the basics of many false religion and occultic practices! Pokemon also indoctrinates children in evolutionary thought and pagan beliefs! It is not Pokemon that we fight - the Bible says:

Ephesians 6:12 "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

These 'powers' are the very real demonic spirits behind all-false religion and self-serving pursuits.

Again, Pokemon is not the enemy - it is Lucifer and all that exalts itself against Jesus Christ and the true path to enlightenment. Pokemon is a tool the enemy can use to build a false foundation and plant seeds of futility in my child - and this I will not allow, and I will, by the blood of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit come against all falsehood and doctrines of demons that try to indoctrinate my child with eastern mysticism and occultic practices.

I pray that our Lord Jesus Christ by and through the power of the Holy Spirit will protect you and your children from the schemes of the enemy. Grace, peace, and courage to take a stand for ighteousness be yours!

Pastor Brett Peterson

Turkey Warns Against Pokemon

ISTANBUL, Turkey (AP) - Turkey's health minister urged TV stations Saturday to replace Pokemon cartoons with other children's programs after a 7-year-old girl jumped off a balcony apparently believing she was a Pokemon character with superhuman powers. Seda Aykanat, who jumped off her fifth-floor balcony Friday and broke her leg, was the second Turkish child to jump off a balcony apparently to imitate Pokemon characters -- cartoon animals with special powers. Earlier, a 4-year-old boy sustained injuries after a similar jump. Health Minister Osman Durmus already had asked ministry experts to study the effect of the Pokemon cartoon on children. The experts concluded Friday that the cartoon distanced children from reality, confused them by presenting both ''good and bad heroes,'' and desensitized them to violence, daily Hurriyet reported Saturday.

Full story at: www.newsday.com/ap/text/international/ap934.htm

Saudi Arabia Bans Pokemon Games, Cards

Duai, United Arab Emirates - Saudi Arabia's highest religious authority has issued an edict banning Pokemon games and cards, saying the have "possessed the minds" of children, promote Zionism and involve gambling.

Saudi Arabia's Higher Committee for Scientific Research and Islamic Law issued the fatwa, or religious ruling, over the weekend.

It said the video game and cards have symbols that include "the Star of David, which everyone knows is connected to international Zionism and is Israel's national emblem, as well as being the first symbol of the Freemason."

[Ed Note: The symbol is two triangles of body, mind and spirit each side of each triangle. This amounts to two people, a male and a female which in witchcraft represents a god based on sex tying it God being love. The symbol a hermaphroditic god, Half Male / Half Female and that God is as much female as he is male feeding the power behind the homosexual movement ].

The game also has Christian crosses and symbols of Japan's Shintoism, which is based on the belief in more than one god, the edict said.

The Pokemon phenomenon originated in Japan three years ago as a Nintendo video game. It quickly expanded into cartoons, comic books and trading cards, becoming a multibillion dollar enterprise and enjoying enormous popularity.

In Tokyo on Monday, a Nintendo spokesman speaking on condition of anonymity denied that religious symbols are depicted on the Pokemon items.

The card game involves a host of imaginary creatures, each with their own set of special powers. The goal is to win as many cards as possible...

Pokemon "has possessed the minds of a large chunk of our students, captivated their hearts and became their preoccupation," the edict said. They "spend all their money to buy the cards and compete with each other to win more." (The Tampa Tribune, March 27, 2001)

Satan Worship Worries Christians In Northeast India - American "The X Files" Are Thought To Be The Culprit

AIZAWL, India, 1 September 2000 (Newsroom) - Religious leaders in the predominantly Christian state of Mizoram have asked police to investigate recent incidents of Satan worship involving teenagers, a trend that some officials blame on television shows about the paranormal and the occult.

"This is not good for our society or any society," said the Reverend Vanalalrhuajwa of the Presbyterian Church Synod in Mizoram.

The sudden rise in popularity of devil worship in the last three months so alarmed parents and teenagers that Presbyterian elders asked four faculty members at Aizawl Theological College to study the problem. Their report appeared to confirm the fears of church leaders, who then asked police to intervene.

One church elder who asked not to be named described an incident where high school boys and girls formed a circle in a cemetery late at night, chanting invocations to Satan. In the center of the circle was a monkey skull with the inscription ``Natas Si Dog'' -- ``God is Satan," in reverse. Police said the students then slashed their wrists in a ritual offering of blood.

Aizawl police Superintendent Zorammawaaia said the phenomenon has taken authorities by surprise because the population in this tiny, northeastern state is about 90 percent Christian, primarily Presbyterian. Like many Indians, the police superintendent goes by a single name.

Police do not know how many students may be involved, but Zorammawaaia suggested that the Satan worshipers probably are influenced by television shows about witchcraft and other black magic. About 25 million homes in India have cable television, which gives them access to programs such as "The X Files," the American show about FBI agents who investigate paranormal and unexplained incidents, and Indian programs such as "Aahat," "Anhonee" and "Woh."

Producers of programs such as "Aahat," for example, say they are emphasizing the supernatural over more traditional horror themes because that is what audiences want. They also are targeting younger children. For example, in one episode of "Aahat" a doll that is possessed by an evil spirit persuades a young girl to trade places, then refuses to relinquish the girl's body. The show received the highest ratings ever for a television show in India and was the topic of conversation in schools for days afterward.

"We are just entertaining the people for 25 minutes," "Aahat" producer Pradeep Upoor said in defense of the show. "Once you tune in to our program it won't let you go. Just like the doll."

In a Hindu culture that believes in reincarnation, shows that depict people who come back to life to exact revenge have great appeal, according to psychiatrist Harish Shetty.

"When horror shows show the victim wreaking vengeance after he/she dies, it appeals to the primitive emotions of human beings," he said. "The children enjoy it. They are scared but, like their parents, they are excited by life after life."

Not everyone shares that excitement, however. One 7-year-old girl wrote to the High Court describing how "Aahat" scared her. In Delhi, a city court observed that some "horror serials" were detrimental to the mental health of children.

"We need to teach these young people and ensure they do not indulge in these kinds of weird religious practices," the Reverend analalrhuajwa insisted.

Source: www.newsroom.org/

0 replies since 21/3/2011, 19:11   175 views